This dessert recipe is a real winner! It's healthy, delicious, and doesn't need to be baked. It does need to chill for at least two hours in the fridge before serving.
Pie Shell Ingredients:
1 cup cashews or other nuts (raw or roasted)
1 cup dates, pitted
Pie Filling Ingredients:
10 large organic strawberries
4 pitted medjool dates or 8 deglet noor dates (cut dates into smaller pieces)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 quart (2 cups) organic strawberries, sliced
4-6 organic strawberries, sliced
2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut (optional)
1. To make the pie shell, place nuts in a food processor and chop well. Add the dates and process until well-mixed. Press firmly on the bottom and up the sides of a pie plate (8" to 10" pie plate)
2. For the pie filling, blend together the 10 strawberries, bananas, dates, and lemon juice until smooth.
3. Remove to bowl and fold in the quart of sliced strawberries.
4. Pour into pie shell and decorate with 4 to 6 sliced strawberries.
5. If desired, sprinkle coconut over the top.
6. Chill in the refrigerator at least two hours before serving.