Curried Vegetable Sauté
Vegetarian Times Issue: April 1, 2007
"This quick curry is cooked in a single pot and makes a hearty meal in minutes when served over couscous."
- 1 Tbs. garlic oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and finely diced (about 8 oz.)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas or 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbs. raisins
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 Tbs.)
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbs. coarsely chopped roasted cashew nuts
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion, curry powder, salt and cayenne pepper about 5 minutes, or until onion begins to brown. Stir in cabbage, sweet potato, chickpeas, raisins, ginger and garlic. Sauté 2 minutes more.
- Stir in broth, and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook vegetables, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes, or until soft. Spoon into shallow bowls. Sprinkle with cilantro and cashews, and serve.
Per SERVING: Calories: 205, Protein: 6g, Total fat: 7g, Saturated fat: 1g, Carbs: 33g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 362mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugars: 11g